Undersea Adventure

Sunday, July 9, 2017

I seem to be focused a bit on Hawaii lately. I made a mini book for my mom after this trip in 2005 but then I never scrapped these photos for myself. Now, with a Hawaiian vacation planned for later this year, I'm returning to these photos and reminiscing. The boys were so little then!
I'm really loving this collection kit from Bella Blvd. It's called "Under the Sea". There is both a boy and a girl version...obviously, this is the boy one. 

This page was created with the latest challenge at Scrap Our Stash in mind. 
Here are the details:

No automatic alt text available.
I chose a diagonal row using striped paper, stars and twine. For each of these items, there are just small bits on my page...but they're there, fulfilling the challenge. I think sometimes people think they need to make a bold statement with the items. You don't. I'm just sayin'.
The design for this page was inspired by a sketch from Laura Whitaker at Scrappin' Around the Clock. You can see the sketch HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a awesome layout. Love the great details and stash use. Adorable! Thanks for your entry in the Scrap Our Stash Challenge. Happy Scrapping!

Michelle Henderson said...

So weird to see you on this side! I love your page (as always) nice to get those older photos scrapped :) Thanks for coming back to Scrap Our Stash!

Jacynthe said...

Beautiful, happy layout. I love the design with the photo block placed at an angle. The papers and embellishments really stand out against the white cardstock. I also love how the tiny enamel dots look like paint spatters. Good for you scrapping older(ish) photos. Great job. TFS.

Carrie Williams said...

Awesome layout! I love the patterned papers you chose with your pics, they work perfectly! Have a wonderful trip and reminisce :)

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Awesome layout! Love the design and bright colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

Ginny Hickmott said...

Fabulous layout, great design and paper choices. The colours are vibrant and perfectly match your photos. Hope you have a lovely trip when you go back there! Thanks for joining in at Scrap our Stash!

Super Stick Chick said...

Nice to see you Steffanie. I love this page. Design, color and great photos - it's got it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

StudioMRose said...

I love this page!! I love the colors and the design! Nice job. Its beautiful.. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS