Right Here

Monday, July 3, 2017

Good morning! Welcome to another round of reveals from The ScrapRoom
First up for July is a kit featuring the "Oasis" collection from Crate Paper.
I started this page with one of the patterned papers in the kit as my background piece. It made for some nice subtle interest on my page which is overall pretty mellow in terms of color. I decided to do something fun with the other two pieces of patterned paper in the kit. Rather than just cut strips or blocks, I went to my Silhouette. I have always wanted to do an outline cut and fill with patterned paper. Since these photos were taken on Cape Cod, I went with an outline of the state of Massachusetts and filled with the stitched triangles print. The print of this piece is small enough to be seen and not cut off, and the colors are fairly monotone and not distracting to my photos. I then took the paper with the different colored circles to punch semi-circles, creating a border at the bottom and also placing a few above my top photo for unity. 

Most of the embellishments came from the FOTM kit or the Extra Embellishments kit. From my own stash I grabbed a little washi tape, a bit of twine, a couple of wood shapes and the chipboard Thickers letters.

I have to say, this collection was very much out of my comfort zone. But I really like how it came together and I LOVE how it makes my photos pop!

If you would like more information about The ScrapRoom, the FOTM kits or would like to know how to become a subscriber, you can visit us on the Blog. At the top you will see links to Learn About, Purchase, visit the Website (which also has idea pages) and view Current Challenges. 
Come on...check it out...you know you want to!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS