You Make My Heart Smile

Monday, April 3, 2017

Hello April!
A new month means a new round of flavors for The ScrapRoom!
First up is this lovely flavor of the month kit from American Crafts, "Little By Little".
(Inspiration for this page comes from a sketch I found HERE on the Paper Issues blog)

I love the large floral print in this collection! My mind immediately went to this photo of me and my mom taken last Mother's Day in her yard with roses from her garden. I really wanted to showcase this photo and this kit definitely did the trick! I made use of a couple of the edge pieces too (that strip at the bottom that usually has the UPC on it). I love when manufacturers put a full 12" print on the other side. It's like having another printed piece for free! The colored cameras on the right and the navy w/ tiny white dots on the left are both strips from the edge. The die-cuts and the wooden buttons added the perfect finishing touches.
 The title and the white scribble circles behind my photo are both Silhouette cut files.
I used a little mist on the background before getting started and I added a few Nuvo drops at the end for just a touch more yellow.
The label came from my stash but all the die-cuts and buttons are from The ScrapRoom kits.

If you would like more information about The ScrapRoom, the FOTM kits or would like to know how to become a subscriber, you can visit us on the Blog. At the top you will see links to Learn About, Purchase, visit the Website (which also has idea pages) and view Current Challenges. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS