Happy Girl

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Time for some sketch inspiration from and for The ScrapRoom! You can find the sketch on the blog and also on our group Facebook page HERE.

This is my layout using one of the March Flavors Of The Month (FOTM):
This is Photoplay Paper featuring the "Rhapsody" collection. My first thoughts on seeing this collection was kinda retro, 70's era, free-spirited. With this in mind, I turned to one of my childhood photo albums and found these photos fo myself at the beach. I scanned the originals and did a little minor editing before printing them. I was sad to learn that I couldn't really sharpen them or enlarge them to any extent. Just brighten them up a bit and print at essentially the same size. I guess it just goes to show how far photography has come in my lifetime.

I left the sketch pretty well as is. The only part I really changed was to eliminate the additional pieces of patterned paper peaking up from behind the main photo block. Items from my own stash are minimal---just an eyelet, some twine, a couple wood shapes and a cut title. 


I'm super happy with how this page turned out. Probably not a collection that I would have chosen on my own but it totally works here. And I'm thrilled to have scrapped a page about little ME!

If you would like more information about The ScrapRoom, the FOTM kits or would like to know how to become a subscriber, you can visit us on the Blog. At the top you will see links to Learn About, Purchase, visit the Website (which also has idea pages) and view Current Challenges. I hope to see you there!


1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Looking awesome! Loving your finished page!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS