So Cozy

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hey there! It's mid-month which means another challenge is live at Scrap Our Stash!
Her is the layout I created...
...for this challenge:

No automatic alt text available.

WORD = CUPID
Create a layout inspired by this sketch and add a stash item for each letter of the word

Here's my breakdown:
C - Crate Paper, clouds, chipboard, Crafter's Workshop (template for drops)
U - Uchida circle punch 
P - pink, puffy alpha stickers
I - ink for edging papers, Ink for stamping, ink spray (white)
D - drops (Nuvo), date stamp

I chose to start with a Crate Paper kit that was still on my table from The ScrapRoom. From there, I just started pulling other items from my stash until I had all the letters covered with at least one thing. There are definitely some letters that are harder than others!

For the sketch, I flipped it horizontally so I could have my photos coming form the right rather an the left. I only had two photos and they're a little larger than the ones in the sketch. 

I was going to do a hand-stitched circle but then spied my bottles of Nuvo Drops. I haven't gotten a lot of use out of these so was very excited about my idea. I have an old Crafter's Workshop template called "Dot All Around". It was the perfect tool for getting my drops in just the right placement!

The chipboard clouds, arrow and heart have been in my stash for awhile so it was nice to put them to use. I think they are American Crafts (I no longer have the original packaging).

I ended up eliminating the triangle elements. It wasn't my plan...but as I got going with this page, they just didn't seem necessary. Also, I felt my page had a very soft feel and the triangles would add a sharp edge that I didn't really want. But, isn't that the great thing about sketches? They provide a starting point and the rest is up to you!


Now it's your turn! I want to see what you can do with the sketch + stash challenge. C'mon...you know you want to! ;-)
Be sure to upload to Scrap Our Stash for your chance at the monthly prize!

2 comments:

Camille Short said...

Your layout is terrific!

Leslie said...

Fabulous cards and layouts!! Love the colors and papers in the first card!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS