Favorites of 2016

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Can you even believe that it's the last day of 2016? I can't. This year seems to have flown by.

Scrapbooking is still a passion of mine and luckily 2016 has been good to me in that regard. I was invited to join the design team at The ScrapRoom, a monthly kit club that provides four flavors of the month (FOTM) kits featuring different collections from the industry's top manufacturers. I have also continued to design for Scrap Our Stash, an online scrapbooking challenge blog.
In addition, I was able to enjoy some scrappy time with friends:
Camp Wanna (6th year running!)
Beach Retreat, times two
Overnight scrapping with my friend Mendi Yoshikawa
Meet up & crop with the girls from The ScrapRoom

As a result of all this scrapbooking, I've created A LOT of pages!
Although it's very hard for me to choose, some are more near and dear to me than others. 
Here are some of my favorites from this year:

This one stands out to me because of the nostalgic vibe I managed to create for the photo and also the inclusion of the newspaper that she's writing on. This taps into some old stash from Echo Park---For The Record.

I love this photo of my husband so getting it onto a scrapbook page makes me happy---as do these sunny papers from Studio Calico!

It has taken a long time for me to get comfortable with splattering paint on my backgrounds...so you can probably imagine how hard it is for me to stamp paint! I mean, I gotta know where everything is gong to go first and then go in and stamp, let it dry, remember where everything goes...anyway, I love how this one turned out. And this collection form Fancy Pants is one of my faves from them this year.

This collection from Pink Paislee pushed me out of my comfort zone---by a lot! But sometimes it's just the push you need to create beautiful things. This photo of my mom is one of my all time faves.

This one, I just love the whimsical-ness of it. The curious and playful little boy in the photos, the hand-drawn stitch lines and butterfly flight path...and I'm a total sucker for wood-grain!

This is one of those rare layouts with just me. It shares my passion for running and getting a few photos while I enjoy my surroundings! This was another collection that pushed me creatively.

Love my doggie. I really like how these papers from Echo Park make my photos of my pup shine. I also had fun playing with the hexagons!

This one, just because I love that it's our family. All together...and only a year ago! This collection from Bella Blvd really helped me to give these photos the look I wanted to achieve.

One of my first two page layouts for The ScrapRoom. Having lost both of these beloved parents in the last year made this layout extra special. So glad to have these memories.
You might be able to guess why I chose this one...I'm scrapbooking! But I also love it for the fact that my son took these photos of me. The bright colors are fun too (it helps that my clothing matched!).
I don't know...something about this double just really works for me. Of course, I love scrapping outdoor activities. I think I like the fussy cut edge, the title and how the embellishment clusters came together.
Jillibean Soup really won me over with this collection. I loved every piece---so much that I didn't want to use it all up! Tthe die-cut pieces and the sticker sheets, also awesome. It makes embellishing such a breeze! And, more outdoor activities with my family---my favorite!
There you have it! I encourage you to look back over what you created in 2016. It can be a great source on inspiration for 2017!!

7 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Great work! I really enjoy seeing that you used some older papers in there and they still feel fresh. :)

Susan said...

You are such a talented scrapbooker. So glad I got to meet you this year. I love your Scrap Room layouts, and so glad that I am a member!! Thanks for the blog hop idea.

Robyn Crowningshield said...

I have always loved your fresh creative ideas. Love the fact that you are trying to embrace "the mess" media...........fantastic job!!

Chellyrae9n said...

Beautiful layouts, Steffanie!

Moongirl said...

I love all of your selections and I'm so proud of you for using paint!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Great layouts! I love your style of scrapping, mix of colors, and fun photos! Thank you for your neat ideas and inspiration. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Mandi Holmes said...

Lovely work. Your double pages look so good that they make me want to attempt them more often.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS