Our Family

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Hi! This month The ScrapRoom is teaming up with Stuck?! Sketches for some additional fun!
My layout...based off of this sketch from Stuck?!


I used leftover pieces from my TSR September FOTM kit featuring Echo Park "Fall is in the Air".  In fact, I had so much leftover that the only thing I pulled from my own stash was the metal dots to anchor the leaf banner, the journal card and a title that I cut with my Silhouette. And I STILL have leftovers. Love my kits!!!

I made a few minor changes to the sketch. Most notably, I made a division between top and bottom. I had this fabulous wood print but not a full sheet. The only solution was to add something else above and make a clear division. The sketch design made this an easy solution. I moved the title below (on to the beautiful wood background) and used this gorgeous banner sticker to help bring attention to it. 

A few close ups...
 
If you have never played along at Stuck?! Sketches, I encourage you to check them out. And if you are interested in learning more about a fabulous kit club, please visit The ScrapRoom.

Until next time... :-)

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Loving that banner! Beautiful take on the sketch!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a terrific layout! Such sweet photos. Love your mix of patterns, and how fun is that banner! So happy to have you playing at Stuck?! Sketches!

Helen Wallace said...

Lovely family page. I like the way you adapted the sketch to use your stash and the gorgeous colours you chose. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

Sandra Brimelow said...


This is just fabulous, love the banner. I love the way you divided the background, it gives more definition to the photos. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches.

Laura Whitaker said...

Beautiful page, love the fall colours and banner! So glad you played along at Stuck?! Sketches!

Monique Liedtke said...

LOVE your take on the sketch with the different top/bottom background papers!! and love the EC collection you used!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS