The Wild West

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hello October!  As sad as I am to see summer go, I do love October. There's pumpkins and turning leaves and warm cozy sweaters. Oh...let's not forget my birthday. Yeah. There's that.  So how can I not like October?

Anyway, I'm here today not to talk about my birthday or why I like fall. I'm actually here to share with you the first October challenge from Scrap Our Stash.


This is what I came up with:

***Echo Park Happy Camper collection***
You might be wondering how I got from book to layout. Well, here it is. First of all, I noticed the clock. The clock got me thinking about time. The old style hat and key made me think of a time past and the window made me think of a window into the past.  All of this led me to these photos of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Disneyland. This roller-coaster is set in a fictitious mining company in the early days of the American Gold Rush. And there you have it...how I got from book to layout!

I used a sketch from one of Scrapbook Generation's many sketch books. This one was out of Sketches For Scrapbooking, Volume 1.

I hope you'll come join me at Scrap Our Stash this month and play along. There is always a good prize up for grabs for one random winner!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS