Adorable Girl

Friday, October 7, 2016

Good morning and happy Friday everyone! I created this layout for The ScrapRoom using this month's Freaky Fast Formula. The FOTM kit I chose for this page features Crate Paper Cute Girl.
This kit really put me to the challenge! It is not only girly but has that nostalgic vibe as well. My first thought was my cat but she is a calico which didn't really go with these colors. Then the light bulb went on...maybe there were some old photos from my childhood that I could use. When I saw these two pics, I knew they were perfect. And in the process, I accomplished two things---I got my childhood self on a page and I also scanned and printed an older photo for the first time. You know what? It was relatively painless. 

After that was done, the rest actually came along pretty easily. I arranged scrap pieces of paper in the dimensions specified until I got something I liked. Then selected papers and started cutting.
I added a little machine stitching to the long vertical piece. My mom did some sewing back in the day  so I thought this was fitting. Although I'm not sure if she really made many of my clothes.
I pulled a little washi tape from my own stash, and some mist, but otherwise, everything you see is from The ScrapRoom. Easy Peasy!

Once again, if you are interested in learning more about these kits and considering subscribing to a kit club, go HERE to read all about it!


1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Oh my goodness! You were so adorable! Love the retro vibe to your layout--These photos are so perfect for your papers! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS