A Strong Defense

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Confession time.
I have taken probably thousands of soccer photos. Have I scrapped any of them?  Barely. In fact, this might only be my second layout about soccer....ever.  I think it's a case of being overwhelmed by the volume of photos.  But with a little help from a friend (thank you, Cassie!), I was able to select these three for the latest sketch at 


Before we go much further, these are the stash items I have included:
List 1 - Doodlebug Designs
List 2 - Elle's Studio (journal tabs)
List 3 - Fiskars (border punch)


I'll admit, I rarely ever think about angling papers on a layout. I will do slight tilts but usually keeping it on the more subtle side.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am a linear girl. This sketch, however, has a large angled strip in the background---which I considered eliminating. But as I was cutting paper and piecing things together, I ended up including it. I have to say, I'm so glad I did. I think it really makes an impact. This layout would definitely not have the same feel without it.
I actually used a 6x6 paper pad for the whole thing, piecing them together to appear like longer strips. Since the patterns were pretty small and busy, it worked.  I flipped the placement of my photos and therefore angled my strip differently. I also trimmed the larger photo down to a square.
I really like this sketch and am anxious to try it again with some full sized paper next time.
I might even tackle some more soccer photos. We'll see!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Amazing soccer page!! LOVE everything about it!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS