Morrell Falls

Saturday, September 10, 2016

It's time for the monthly recipe challenge brought to you by me for The ScrapRoom!
I am a big fan of Echo Park and this collection is no exception. However, the fall theme initially caused me to struggle a bit in that I just didn't have any fall photos I wanted to use. But when I saw the bear on the sticker sheet in the Embellishment Kit, it gave me direction.
I played on the more neutral pieces in the kit and did an outdoor theme instead. I used mostly "B" sides and little bits of other papers to keep the look more neutral. 
From the sticker sheet I used the ones that didn't scream fall. This minimalist approach really kept the focus on the photos...which is what we want, right?

Here are a few more close-ups:
Like I mentioned above, this is a recipe challenge for me. What this means is that if you become a TSR subscriber, you will receive step-by-step instructions on how to complete a double page layout for each of the four FOTM kits, one created by each designer.  So if this appeals to you---getting 4 doulbe page layouts done each month with most of the planning done for you---come join The ScrapRoom. What are you waiting for???

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Fabulous page!! LOVE the cute embellishments!!

alisonm said...

This is such a great sketch and I love the use of the eyelets! I am going to break out my crop-o-dile big bite!!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS