First Day - 2nd Grade

Friday, September 2, 2016

Wow...how did it get to be September already?  Seems like it was just Christmas two days ago. Alright. More than two days ago but not over 8 months ago!

Anyway, September brings to mind thoughts of school which leads me to share with you my latest layout for 
***Bella Blvd Star Student collection***

Here is the challenge that inspired it:


I have been taking first day of school photos for what seems like an eternity. So finding photos to fit the theme was easy.  Just had to select one...or two, or three...and select a sketch to work with. This one is from Scrapbook Generation's Sketches for Scrapbooking, Volume 2.

The stash part of the challenge asked for a piece of book or dictionary paper to be included. I remembered a piece of text print paper that I had purchased off a clearance rack some time ago so I pulled that out along with some cork print paper and a school themed kit from Bella Blvd. After selecting a sketch, it all came together pretty easily.
I was away at a weekend crop when I created this so was limited to what I brought.  In a way this forces me to move on and not get hung up on "what else could I do?" I complete layouts much quicker...of course it helps that there are not the distractions of home either.

If you are feeling inspired by this challenge, I hope you will join me over at Scrap Our Stash.
We would love to see your creations!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS