PDX...the Journey Starts HERE

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Good morning! I'm sharing what will likely be the front page of my travel album from last summer. The airport is a good place to start, right?
This page is inspired by the challenge below from Scrap Our Stash. I used some map paper and continued with the travel theme from there. To fulfill the other part of the challenge to use a decorative paper clip, you will see an arrow paper clip on the top photo.

There is a certain craziness surrounding the carpet at the PDX airport. I'm not sure when it started but it definitely hit a peak in 2014-15 when the old carpet of 30 years was being ripped out and replaced.
You can read more about it HERE.
Basically it's design is inspired by the the airport's X-shaped runways as seen from the control tower. The dark blue, purple and red pattern on a teal-colored background reflect the popular design trends of the 1980's. Of course no one knew it would become this hip phenomenon, but it did. The PDX Carpet has it's own facebook page and is popular on Instagram. It has inspired clothing, home decor, and food labels. The top image on my layout is a tribute to the carpet that is permanently installed at PDX titled "Carpet Diem".

I took a photo of my boarding pass that I included here on my layout.
My title includes some corrugated alphas from Jillibean Soup and sticker alphas from Bella Blvd.  I love all the colors that these alphas come in. I got mine from Scrapbook Generation. I think I have at least one of every color.
I penciled a "flight line" and then stitched over it to show our start and the direction we were heading. I used an enamel dot to approximate the location of Calgary where we had to stop and change planes.
There you go. Now, get busy and create your layout inspired by this book cover. Then be sure to upload to Scrap Our Stash for your chance to win the monthly prize. Good luck!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS