C'mon...Smile!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

 When we were in England last summer, we rented a narrowboat and spent the day cruising along the canals in a wetland area know as the Fens. Talk about relaxing. Sipping coffee while watching the wildlife.  It was one of my favorite adventures.  I snapped these photos of a bird who just sat perched on a residential dock while we quietly glided past. Completely undisturbed by our presence.
This collection from Fancy Pants had just the right collors and patterns to play off the flowers, the bird and the dock in my photos. I love it when that happens! This is Fancy Pants Life Is Beautiful and it's one of the August FOTM from The ScrapRoom.

I used this kit to complete the current challenge at Scrap Our Stash:


I think you can see the sketch pretty easily in my layout. I made only slight changes. For the stash part of the challenge,
here is what I used:
List 1 - 3+ Manufacturers
(Fancy Pants, Studio Calico, Timeless Twine, Doodlebug Designs, Eyelet Outlet, Bella Blvd)
List 2 - Washi Tape
List 3 - Xyron (adhesive to attach the word "smile!"

Here are some close-ups:

More epoxy stickers...love them!

This washi is of unknown origin. I got it in a RAK when someone was giving away a bunch of stuff from their stash. It's pretty versatile. I wish I knew who made it.

A few enamel dots and spatters to make it all complete!
If you'd like to take part in this challenge at Scrap Our Stash, you have until the end of the month to link up and have a chance at winning the randomly drawn prize. You can find out all the details HERE.
Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS