Hello Sweet Boy

Saturday, July 16, 2016

 Hello! I'm greeting you today with this cute little boy peeking out of the grass.  He says Hello, too!
***Simple Stories Bloom & Grow collection***
This page is brought to you courtesy of another beautiful FOTM kit from The ScrapRoom. I combined it with the current sketch and list challenge from Scrap Our Stash to bring it all together. 


I think the sketch is pretty evident on my page. Really the only change was moving my photos and file folders to the left side rather than the right.  The only reason that I even did this was because I wanted to use the cute "hello" speech bubble and it needed to go on the right. Easy move. 
Here are my list items:
List 1 - Simple Stories
List 2 - Twine
List 3 - Uniball Pen
I guess I also used all three colors but that was a matter of coincidence more than intent.
I really enjoyed working with this collection of papers and embellishments. I am a huge sucker for woodgrain and this one is awesome. It really has that old weathered fence feel and is such a perfect back drop for these outdoor photos. I misted and splattered it first with a little white Dylusions Ink.  I put my Silhouette to use designing and cutting some file folders. The one with the blue print is stuck down but I left the plaid one loose and used it for my journaling.  Since I selected the Uniball Pen as one of my stash items, I knew I wanted to use the butterfly and draw a whimsical trail. From there I went a little crazy and started drawing faux stitching everywhere. I guess I forgot how much I love my white pen!
This sketch was super easy to work with. If you don't have a Silhouette or file folders you could easily turn those pieces into plain patterned paper blocks. If you are inspired to use this sketch and take the list challenge, I hope you will link up at Scrap Our Stash. There is always a monthly prize up for grabs!

More information about The ScrapRoom and their monthly kits can be found HERE.

Until next time---Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a fun page. I LOVE that you incorporated some flowers. Too cute! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS