Favorite Moment

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I think this is quite possible one of my favorite collections from Fancy Pants.  It's called Good Fellows and it's one of the FOTM for July from The ScrapRoom.  Yay!
The papers in the 12x12 size even have texture...how cool is that?  I remember there used to be several manufacturers who put texture on their papers but now it's less common.  So, what a treat to be seeing this again and in such a great collection!
The design for this page is inspired by the monthly sketch provided by The ScrapRoom. I was assigned the task of using the sketch rotated so the original design was for the large background banners to be horizontal, not vertical.
I "stamped" some circles with navy acrylic paint and whatever circular elements I had on hand. I have saved empty rolls from glue dots, toilet paper, tape...I think the small circle is from a glue stick cap. This gave me some variety in the sizes. Doing this is a huge deal for me...taking that leap of faith to stamp on my background and hope they end up in the right place for my overall design.  Luckily, it worked out.
I loved the color combination in this collection. The green, pale aqua, navy and pale orange worked really well for these photos of my boys along the river. I'm totally loving the epoxy stickers, wood shapes and flair too.  What can I say...I love it!

For mor information about The ScrapRoom and their monthly kits, go HERE.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amazing page!! LOVE the design and those papers!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Cute layout! I am with you concerning stamping on paper before creating my layout, great job on this one! Love the colors and sketch design!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS