Simply Beautiful

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Here we go...another FOTM kit reveal for The ScrapRoom!
This is Pink Paislee, Fancy Free.
I loved the dreamy look of this collection. It immediately reminded me of this photo I had of my mom on the beach in Maui. This trip was several years ago but I hadn't scrapped it yet.  I guess I was waiting for the perfect collection that would speak to me...this one did.
I distressed the edges of my patterned papers using a distressing tool.  Before I had this tool, I just used the blade of my scissors.  Either one gets the same result...just easier and probably less safety risk with the tool. I machine stitched around the edge of the large ombre piece to give it a little more interest.  The large watercolor flowers were fussy-cut from one of the patterned paper pieces.  Let's face it...I rarely scrap girly pages so I kind of went all out (for me!) with this one.

The design of this page was inspired by one of my favorite scrappers, Susan Stringfellow. You can find the sketch and her layout on this blog, Sketch Savvy.

For this layout, I pulled these items from my stash: mist for splattering, wood shapes, enamel dots, sticker letters and a cut font using my Silhouette. Everything else was in the FOTM kit from The ScrapRoom.

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS