Fun in the Sun

Monday, June 13, 2016

This is one of my favorite collections in The ScrapRoom's FOTM kits for June.  It's from Photoplay Paper and screams summer!  I also love the name...Summer Daydreams
The design for this layout is inspired by the monthly sketch provided with the June kit subscription.  I knew right away when I saw these papers and this sketch that they belonged together. I added some splattering to the background and some sunny washi tape I had in my stash.  I pulled out my embroidery thread and did some hand-stitching.  This takes some time but I love the look.
Most of the items used are from the kit. There was a large sticker sheet as part of the kit which gave lots of options for embellishing. I did supplement from my stash to complete the title (F-U-N came from the sticker sheet).  In the end though, I found the variety of patterned papers to be the best embellishment.
If you are inspired by this page and would like more information about these kits, be sure to visit The ScrapRoom!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS