Big Steps for Little Feet

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Reaching way back for these photos---can you believe it's August 2004?   Oh my gosh...how the time has flown...  Andrew was so little. His first trip to the beach.  So eager to walk but not there yet.
Today I am showcasing another FOTM kit from The ScrapRoom. This is Echo Park Pinstripes.  I was thumbing through some old photos I still had in a box and couldn't believe how well this collection went with the colors in these photos.  It was a match meant to be!

I created this layout using the Freaky Fast Friday formula for The ScrapRoom. However, when I submitted it to the owner, she pointed out that I left off one of the measured pieces. I neglected to see the (2) in front of one of the measurements and only cut and used one! Oh well. It's still being used as an additional layout featuring the monthly kit, just not for FFF. That's ok. I'm human, after all!

I had fun playing with the twine. It's the chunkier variety which I am finding I quite like. Darn it...something else I will likely start collecting! I mostly stuck with items sent to me from TSR. The only thing from my stash is the wood arrow and the corrugated alphas. It should be noted, however, that the sticker sheet was in the embellishment kit and a couple of the papers came from the extra patterned paper kit. I have also made two cards with this collection (to be revealed later in the month) and still have plenty left over for another layout or two.  Just sayin'...great value...

That's all I have for you today. 'Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute! Yes, time goes too fast....love the layers, fun colors, and the placement of the baker's twine! Also, love the mix of fonts on the title!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS