The Angel Hotel

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Today I bring you the final flavor for May in The ScrapRoom's FOTM kits.
This one is from My Mind's Eye, the On Trend 2 collection.

I really love the corals and greens on this one. The colors along with the floral print reminded me of a photo I took last summer of this gorgeous hotel in England that was all covered in ivy. So, of course, I had to go where my inspiration lead me and bring these two together.


My assignment was to be inspired by this sketch. I could create a single or double page layout. I was also given the challenge to rotate it, left or right. I ended up using the right side to create a single page (obviously) and I rotated it left, or counter-clockwise.  No, I did not copy the sketch exactly.  I rather used it as inspiration. I kept the vertical strip on the right and extended it from top to bottom. I layered three different patterned papers beneath my photo and I went with one larger photo instead of two.  I really liked the chevrons so included them but oriented them in a way that was more pleasing to my particular layout. From there I just embellished where my eye lead me and then created a pretty title to go with the overall look of my page.

So what came out of my stash? The doily, some sequins and the title (cut with a Silhouette).  I'm really loving these kits. I created this and still have plenty left over for at least 2 or more pages.

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very pretty! The colors are a perfect match for the beautiful photo....great title, too!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS