All Smiles

Monday, April 18, 2016

Hello again!  So many posts this month, right?  
An overnight crop at a friend's house helped make this possible.  In addition to my regular design team work, I was able to crack out a couple of non-design team layouts for a change.  

Here is one for the current sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches
I really like the look of Laura Whitaker's designs.  The central focus of this single photo was just what I needed for this square pic I had printed of our family.  I spread out my "stuff" a little more which lead to my design taking up a bit more real estate, but the design is essentially the same.


The title and the goofy, relaxed nature of the photo convey what I wanted the share about this moment.  However, the reality of the moments behind this photo are something completely different.  We had actually just returned from memorial services for my mother-in-law, Mary.  She didn't pass unexpectedly, but a difficult loss none-the-less. Anyway, the boys (all 3 of them) never dress up like this.  In fact, we had to shop for proper attire for my husband and our youngest. At least my teen had been to a formal dance once and the clothes still fit him.

So, with a dressed up family, what's a photographer/scrapbooker to do?  I'll tell you...  You set up your tripod, take some test shots and then drag your family out in front of the house for all the neighborhood to see and snap away!  My boys were not thrilled but I did get this gem.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

6 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Beautiful, love the colours and all of the added details! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Vivian Lake said...

Beautiful page! I love the bird embellishment at the top of page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Nicole Doiron said...

Certainly a fave of mine! An excellent take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy Melville said...

I love this! The colours and patterns that you've used are just perfect for your photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome page and awesome photo!! Love the papers you chose and love the little birdies (I'm a little birds fan!). Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Great layout! I love your take on the sketch and mix of colors. I like how you took advantage of the fact that you were dressed up as an opportunity to take a family photo....like you said, "A girl's gotta do what a giro's gotta do." A fun family photo!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS