Today was the BEST Day!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Today I share with you the final flavor in the March FOTM kit from The ScrapRoom.  This was my favorite---Simple Stories!
***Simple Stories Life In Color collection***
My assignment with this collection was to create a two page layout of my design and then write up a recipe card to show step-by-step instructions.
I really loved this piece of paper that was in my kit and wanted to make use of those polaroid frames in a fun way.  So I cut the piece horizontally into 3 strips and used two of them to stretch across my 2 page layout.  Then I built from there.


The ScrapRoom embellishment kit came with lots of die-cut shapes (called Bits & Pieces) to choose from which made putting this page together so easy!  Plus, I happened to have won this collection recently from Simple Stories.  I stayed away from using things from those winnings except for the washi paper tape.  It came in really handy!  I will say, the variety of tape to choose from is nice, but I miss having a roll of tape to use longer pieces.  But for this page, the smaller pieces worked.

If you would like to have access to the recipe card for this layout and the others shared by the design team this month, consider joining The ScrapRoom as a subscriber.  You can find out more information right HERE.

Now here are some close-ups of the embellishing...
And the story on the journaling tag...
Thanks for stopping by! Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a fun layout! Loving how you used the polaroid frames. :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Loving the bright colors against the black background and polaroid frames! A fun layout! I hope you don't mind if I lift your ideas?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS