Letter to the Editor

Saturday, February 6, 2016

I had a little free time this week so decided to get my scrappy on!
***Echo Park For the Record collection***

This sketch from GrandDiva's Creative Corner really inspired me.  I came across this pic in my remaining Disney photos and then also found the actual newspaper that she autographed in my memorabilia stash.  Creativity was starting to flow!


I really loved the filmstrip and just HAD to include one on my page.  I think you can see the basic core of the sketch on my layout although some things were changed a bit for aesthetic reasons.  I needed to make sure that the newspaper was still accessible so I made a large pocket with the patterned papers behind the photo.
I included a Polaroid frame to fit the challenge at Through the Eyes of Rochelle Spears.  It's a "This or That" challenge---use a Polaroid frame or chipboard frame on your page.  I thought about using a large Polaroid frame for my photo, but in the end I went with a wood veneer Polaroid accent.  Hopefully that's okay!

A close up of the actual letter that she submitted and her autograph:
And the Mickey detail that I like to include on all of my Disney pages:
I really love how this one came together.  Kind of vintage but with some whimsical elements.  This old Echo Park collection really came through for me!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh wow Steffanie! I love everything about your page! Fantastic take on the sketch and you used one of my all time favorite collections from Echo Park! Thanks for playing along at GCC!

Rochelle Spears said...

Speechless!!!!! The is gorgeous!!! :) Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS