Got Snow?

Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm a little late getting my layout up for the Scrap Our Stash challenge this month.  Life happens and sometimes priorities have to be rearranged.  Anyway, thankfully someone was willing to trade reveal dates with me so here it is...

*** Fancy Pants Winterland collection***

This month's challenge: 

These are the products I used:
D – doily
I – ink
E – eyelet
C – circle punch, photo corner
U – uniball pen (white to make faux stitching and outline letters)
T – tag, twine
S – stripes, snowflakes, sticker letters

I decided to step up the challenge for myself and work in the December Scrappy Friend's challenges as well.

The sketch is from from Brenda Ragsdale and can be found on her blog, GrandDiva's Creative Corner.  I think the sketch design stands out pretty clearly in my layout.  I made very minor changes only.


This challenge is from Rochelle Spears and can be found on her blog HERE.  I went with a diagonal row using an eyelet, the winter theme and a tag.


The color challenge comes from Kelly's blog, Creating with Paper & More, and was by far the most difficult for me.  One, I don't use many muted palettes when I scrapbook.  Two, as a result, I don't have much of anything in my stash with these colors in them. The closest I had to matching this color scheme was an older Fancy Pants collection called Winterland.  I went with coral pink, pale green (which looks more blue here than it does in person) and the slate grey/brown color.  I know it's a stretch and it may not meet the criteria for the challenge but it was the best I could do.


Since my son was wearing a very blue coat, I went with black and white photos to better coordinate with the papers.  The best stash items I finally put to use are these delicate snowflakes---they had been in my stash for Years!  

Here's a few close ups of my page...


That's it.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lyne Blodgett said...

This is just perfect - I LOVE it!

Brenda said...

Love your layout and your product choices! Fantastic take on all three challenges! Thank you so much for playing along in the December Scrappy Friends Challenges! Happy Holidays!

Kelly said...

Oh this is just absolutely beautiful! Your color choices are perfect and I found it quite the challenge as well but that is the fun of it, right? Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS