Life is an Adventure

Friday, October 2, 2015

Hello!  It's a special day here as I have a second post and layout to share.  Scrap Our Stash has teamed up with three other challenge blogs to bring you SCRAPTOBERFEST!!

Here is what I created based on the challenges you see below:


Scrap Our Stash and Challenge YOUrself challenges:


My Scraps & More color combo:

Here is the breakdown...
Scrap Our Stash - use two different washi tapes.  I actually used four (two different pinks, dark blue and kraft).
Challenge YOUrself - use a photo with you in it.  That can be tough but I took this selfie recently with my phone (and it's one I don't hate) so I let it inspire my layout.
My Scraps & More - this color combo was a bit of a struggle for me in that I don't have a lot of pink in my stash.  I went to my one and only Project Life kit thinking thinking that I would pair up a 3x4 card with my 3x4 photo.  I ended up being drawn to a larger 4x6 card that had a title/quote that inspired me further. The colors actually kind of worked except that there was no kraft.  I thought briefly of using kraft cardstock but didn't like how it looked.  I started brainstorming other ways to add kraft which led me to the stitching under the title.  I had this one roll of kraft washi but wasn't sure I would end up using it...obviously I did!  Feeling the dark blue in the lettering wasn't enough, I threw in a few small strips of washi in that color to bring it out more.  My yellow might be a little off from the color swatch, but we can't always be perfect, right?  The pink and aqua I think I covered quite well ;-)
The Memory Nest - this sketch was pretty basic, leaving a lot of room for interpretation.  As I mentioned above, I went with a single small photo and a larger journal/title block so that changed the look right away.  As a result, I went with some larger cuts for my background papers and decided to create a large banner strip for more interest.  I think you can still see the basic design of the original sketch though.  It was the inspiration that got me from point A to point B.

Now for some close ups...
 

That's it!  I hope you will join us at Scrap Our Stash for Scraptoberfest.  It's sure to be lots of fun!

11 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my crocodile layout. Love your layout above.

Jane said...

I love this fabulous bright and funky looking page and the pops of pink are brilliant. Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your layout is amazing, Steffanie! I love how you combined the challenges to make your gorgeous page! Thank you for joining in on the fun!

Sherri Caramico said...

Awesome take on the Sketch and all 4 of the challenges!! Such a FUN page - LOVE all the bits and pieces :-) Thanks for playing along with all of us at - The Memory Nest, Scrap Our Stash and Challenge YOUrself too!!

Susanne said...

This looks great - all those requirements in a page that just shines!

Tracy P said...

This is great Steffanie! I love the colors, it's so fun and it just makes me smile. Great take on all four challenges. Thanks for playing along with ScraptoberFest.
~Tracy, Challenge YOUrself

kate blue said...

Bright and cheerful and love that journaling! Great attitude! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

ÅsaJ said...

So FAB! Love your page with the wonderful colours. Thank you for joining Challenge YOUrself.

Leslie said...

LOVE your fabulous layout!!! Such fun colors and products!! Thanks for playing along with the Scraptober challenges and for linking up with The Memory Nest! Hope you will stop by and play along with our monthly challenges!!

Marci Bensing said...

That's what I love about the sketches at THE MEMORY NEST-they get you going and you can easily make them your won! Wonderful page!!! Hope you can join us again!

♥ Lynn said...

Wonderful layout Steffanie! Love your message in your journalling. Thanks for linking up with us for the Scraptober Fest Challenge!
Lynn~Challenge YOUrself

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS