Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hello!  I'm here today with the first September challenge for Scrap Our Stash.  This month we are joining forces with Stuck?! Sketches which means if you upload to both sites, you have more than one chance to win a prize!  
Pretty sweet, huh?

Here is the September 1st stash challenge:


This is the sketch provided by the talented Laura Whitaker at Stuck?! Sketches:
***use of the sketch is not required if you are only participating at Scrap Our Stash***


And here is the layout I created:

***Basic Grey Adrift collection***

 The first thing you will notice is that my photos are larger.  They were 4x6 to start but I trimmed the sides down just a bit.  This obviously moved the horizontal strips a little lower on my page.  I eliminated the circle.  I suppose I could've made a larger one but I didn't feel it was necessary.  The final change I made was relocating the journal spot to the lower left instead of the right and tucking it under my border strip instead of putting it in the corner.  It just felt better there.


For the stash part of the challenge, these are the items I used:
L - lined paper
A - airplane
Y - yellow (probably in the yellow mustard category, but yellow nontheless!)
E - eyelets (yes, I still use them!)
R - rik-rak, red
S - scallops, stripes, stickers (numbers, alphas, speech bubble, "explore")

Now it's your turn.  Remember, if you use the sketch along with the stash challenge, upload on both sites for a second chance to win a fabulous prize!

6 comments:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a fun layout! Love your photos and title! :)

Laura said...

This is such a great page and I love your photos! What a memory! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love this page...great take on the sketch.

Joefil said...

Awesome take on the sketch, love your photos! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fun mix of happy patterns against your field of kraft! And what a great memory to scrap! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS