Drive Time

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It's me, back again with another reveal for Scrap Our Stash!!
Since most schools are back in session by now, our mid-month challenge is rather fitting...
create a layout inspired by this sketch and include at least three (3) different types of school supplies:



This sketch was very inspiring for me.  I can sometimes be a very literal scrapper, particularly when it comes to themes.  The fact that this sketch looks school-ish really guided me in my thought process.



There isn't much change from sketch to page, in my opinion.  The photo sizes are different.  This seems to be one of the first things I change, either the size or the orientation or the quantity.  Otherwise, the sketch stayed pretty true.  

I was so excited to use my road washi---a perfect fit for the theme of this page.  And speaking of themes, it may not be school, but it kind of still is.  He passed the test for his driver's permit.  He had to study.  You following me?  Not that school themed was a requirement...just demonstrating how my brain works!


In case you missed my school items, I used staples, a paperclip, graph paper to make my tag and a notebook border punch.  Four items in all.


This little city transparency---totally fun to use!  I have been generally afraid of tranparencies, not knowing how to use them.  I think I might be a little less afraid now...

OK, you know the drill.  Head on over to Scrap Our Stash and play along!



1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a fun layout! Love the road washi tape (I think I have that too which I've never used) and the city scene! So perfect for the layout topic. :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS