Always Stay This Innocent

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Surprise---I have a shocker for you today!
I'm sharing a layout that is not part of a design team assignment.  
I know, right?  It seems lately that I do very little "free" scrapping, meaning anything not created for an assignment.  And since I am only on two teams, that just goes to show how little time I actually spend scrapping these days.  But thanks to a recent crop getaway, I managed to create a few non-dt pages done.  And it felt good!

***Echo Park Little Boy collection***

This page was inspired by a challenge over at Picture This!  The challenge is to use a black background + 1 photo + 2 patterned papers.  


The black background and using one photo wasn't too hard.  I think the more difficult part was limiting myself to only two patterned papers.


  I made up for it by using several strips of washi tape and also a sticker border for more color and interest.  


 I splattered a little white ink spray onto the background and went with a large title to fill in some of that empty space.  The yellow doily was a last minute addition, suggested and donated by a friend.  I like the bright splash of color!

This photo was in my stash for a long time, along with several from my youngest's first trip to the beach.  I'm really glad to finally have this one out of the paper envelope!

7 comments:

TantiK Creation said...

Hi Stephanie. I really love your take on the challenge. Love the colour and the elements. Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

Marci Bensing said...

That's exactly what I say of my grandsons (love that precious little face!)-so I understand...This is colorful, fun and very well done! SO glad you chose PICTURE THIS! to scrap with!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a fun layout! I love the bright colors of your page and how they pop against the black! :)

Cassie said...

What a fabulous take on the challenge! Love your color choices and that sweet, beautiful photo! Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

Devra said...

oh my goodness I love this! The brights stand out against the dark background so well! Im so happy to see you scrapping for fun and choosing to share at Picture This

karrie sweet said...

oh that is such a darling page! just love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with Picture This!

SomethingAboutMarie said...

What a beautiful page!!!! I love the bright colors on the black baground & the cute picture!!!!! Thank you for joining us @Picture This!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS