Aim High

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Good morning!  Today I am sharing a layout inspired by a sketch from Ashley Horton.  She is our guest designer for the latest challenge at Scrap Our Stash.

***My Mind's Eye Adventure collection***

Here is Ashley's sketch:

As you can see, my page definitely took on a more masculine feel.  As I'm plowing through my Disney photos, I just wasn't seeing the hearts working for any of the photos I had left.  So I decided to see the hearts as a vertical element and that translated to vertical strips on my page.  A little secret here...I used a 6x6 paper pad, which means I cut my papers and hid the ends behind the photo block to make them appear longer.  One of the many things I love about 6x6 pads!


Most of the sketch stayed relatively the same.  I used two photos and matted them into a block. Mine are just vertical instead of horizontal.  The title shifted to the left a bit. I used twine to create a whimsical "circle" around my photos rather than the stitched circles shown on the sketch.

We were also challenged to use the scraps from our layout to create a card.


As I mentioned, I used a 6x6 paper pad for the layout.  I gave myself a little bit of creative liberty and created a card using any of the paper scraps I had from this particular paper pad.  The bonus is that these papers are all double sided, too!  I was inspired by this card sketch from Case This Sketch!

That's it for this reveal.  I hope you can join us at Scrap Our Stash!!

1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A neat take on Ashley's sketch....great photos!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS