#nevermissamonday - April 20

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ok...so I am a couple of days behind in posting this.
However, I DID NOT miss a Monday!


As you can see, I was able to get away for this particular #nevermissamonday run.  I spent some time at the coast with girlfriends doing what we love...scrapbooking.  And watching movies...and eating...and drinking...and laughing.  Good times.  

And then there is running.  Some might say, "I'm on vacation so I'm taking a few days off from my exercise routine".  Me?  I look at it an entirely different way.  I see it as an opportunity to run somewhere other than my usual stomping grounds which gets me excited to get out and RUN!  And what better place than on the beach!  I ran each of the four mornings that I was there.  At home I typically run about 3 days in a row then take a rest day.  But at the beach, I know I will soon be home so I take every chance to get out on that sand, near the water's edge, and take it all in.

That's the great thing about running.  It's so portable.  I don't have to find a gym or bring an exercise video,  Then hope there is enough space and a working DVD player.  I just bring my running gear and go.  Anywhere.  Anytime.  I love that about running.  It can be a great way to explore new surroundings too.  See what's out there.  Then you can go back later (maybe in a car) and further explore something that caught your eye earlier.


Here's to new adventures...of the running kind!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You go girl. your theory on a new place to run totally makes sense.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS