Let Your Star Shine

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hello there!  I have a really fun layout for you today...one of my favorite Disney pages....but, then again, I seem to have many favorites from the Disney album.  Such a terrible problem!

***Simple Stories Say Cheese collection***

This is for the latest challenge at Scrap Our Stash.  
We were challenged to create a layout using this sketch by Laura Whitaker along with the inpiration photo you see below.




For the sketch, I kept much of the design in the center the same---the single photo focus, the doily and the papers beneath my photo. From there, I went in a different direction. The reason behind it had to do with the inspiration photo. I was drawn to the pentagon shape on the lamp and the mobile which led me to hexagons. I have always wanted to do a layout like this and I felt inspired...so here it is. The golden yellow in my photo and papers also leads back to the gold in the inpsiration piece. And, of course, the phrase about the happy place...isn't the slogan for Disneyland "the happiest place on earth"? I know it's definitely one of mine!

Here are a few close-up shots:




I had so much fun creating this page!  I hope you will join me at Scrap Our Stash and play along. 
The possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Left you a comment on your adorable layout at Scrap our Stash but wanted to make sure you got message. I thought Disney the minute I saw the board with this is our happy place. I love your page and the use of the punched shapes. Love Simple Stories for my Disney pages too! My daughters family are AP members and got me a pass this year. I am saving your page for future inspiration.

Mandi Holmes said...

Great page. I love the design and you got me attention right when I saw the doily.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo. This happens to be one of my favorite collections from SS....great job! Very cute photo!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS