I was "Soup Spotted" over at Jillibean!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

I just noticed that I had a layout featured over at Jillibean Soup yesterday!  They call this Soup Spotting and I am thrilled!

This is the layout:

I made this for the March 2015 issue of CREATE.  I was inspired by an Allison Davis sketch, also featured in that issue.  This is definitely one of my personal favorites.  I just love these photos and the memories they bring back for me.  Such a cutie!


 For the photos, I actually created a collage in PSE.  I applied the black line around the photos digitally and allowed for the white space between.  I then printed each side, left and right.  I only had to trim off the excess photo paper...then put them right on my layout as is. So simple---no additonal photo arranging needed!  Such a nice feature of grid designs.


I actually didn't have enough printed paper so I had to cheat a little.  The other benefit of having printed the photos together like I did is that you can't see that my paper strips are not continuous.  They are barely long enough to tuck behind the photo block.  Now don't tell me you've never done this!  I do this not only to stretch paper when I don't have enough, but I have also been guilty of doing this when I really LOVE a piece and want to make it last longer....so I have some left over for another layout.  You know what I mean, right?



I had a lot of fun embellishing this layout.  Again, inspiration came from Allison's sketch.  I feel the playful circles, fun stars and whimsical butterflies really add to the theme of the page.  FYI...the butterflies are punched from a Starbucks coffee sleeve.  Yes, I collect them.

4 comments:

Mendi said...

Congrats on the Soup Spotting! It's a cute layout and I'm proud of you for using up some of your stash from our order... They're having another sale and I was just thinking that I'm mad at myself for not making time to play with what I bought last time. ;)

alisonm said...

I love the balance of this LO!

Jinny Newlin said...

Congratulations! Super cute page! Really love your grid design and the scrumptious stitching!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Congratulations! Love everything about your layout....the photos, color, stitching, and embellies! WTG, Steffanie!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS