#nevermissamonday - March 23

Monday, March 23, 2015

It occured to me while out for my run today that I never blog about running.  Other than the two times that I participated in the Shamrock Run, I have written next to nothing about this pasttime that has become very much a part of who I am.

Today I want to change that.  Several months ago, I was inspired by this image that was posted to the Shamrock Run facebook page


For some reason, that first rule, never miss a Monday, really struck a chord with me.  It has become my ritual...my mantra...my catch-phrase.  Whatever you call it, it works for me.  I started taking photos each Monday that I'm out running.  Usually its nature---what I see when I'm out and about.  Sometimes it's my shoes...sometimes my dog.  I add my miles, my pace and sometimes an inspirational phrase or something that I am feeling that day.  I use Snapseed for the initial editing and then pull it into Rhonna Designs for the fun details.  Then I share it to Instagram and Facebook.

Here is the one I shared today:



I know that no one is "waiting" for my #nevermissamonday posts.  But I am.  It keeps me acountable, even if it's to no one else other than me.  That's enough.  If anyone is looking forward to my post or is (dare I say it) inspired by my posts...that would be icing on the cake.  But I'm not looking for that.  I do this for me.  I need it.  I really need it.



Here's to the start of #nevermissamonday blog posts.

1 comment:

Lyne Blodgett said...

I admire your commitment...I keep trying to like exercise, but have never fallen in love.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS