You 2 Make My Heart Complete

Monday, February 16, 2015

A new layout for Scrap Our Stash!


***Echo Park Head Over Heels collection***

Here is the challenge:
Create a layout inspired by the sketch and color palette. You must use (3) or more colors from the palette and the ONLY other colors you can use are, BLACK, WHITE or KRAFT



As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely.  The bigger part of the challenge for me was the color palette.  I really like these colors but have limited supply in my stash, especially when it comes to the more pastel tones.  This collection from Echo Park worked fairly well (although it brought in a little gray which was not in the palette or the guidelines....).  I would have loved to have worked with the green but it just wasn't happening.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.


I used some white mist on the background kraft paper.  In hindsight, I think I would have liked a little more.  I recycled a coffee sleeve and punched a few tiny hearts to scatter around.  I also punched some larger hearts from the same washi tape that I used in strips at the top of the page and under part of the title.  One of my favorite tricks for using washi!

I'm entering this layout for the word challenge at Creating with Paper and More.  I am using the word "heart".  Although it's not actually spelled out in my title---I think it's very clearly implied!

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog today.  Please be sure to check out Scrap Our Stash.  See what other DT members are creating and play along yourself.  You just might win!

2 comments:

Mendi said...

Your little guys were too cute! Love your layout and I'm so proud of you for using pink! I think it works really well for Valentine's Day! ;)

Kelly said...

Fantastic take on the challenges! Beautiful layout and absolutely love the creation of the title! Thanks for playing along with my Scrappy Friends word challenge! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS