CREATE---January issue!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Yes.  It's that time again...the latest issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is live!
The creative team has grown---by A LOT!---which means there is even more inspiration and variety and creative styles for you to enjoy!  

Here is the beautiful cover featuring the amazing works of Allison Davis.
You can see the entire issue at this link right HERE
.

I have a couple of projects featured in this issue.
First up, is a layout.  The assignment was to showcase die-cuts.  I used three different cut-file images on this page: hot cocoa mugs, snowflakes and mittens.

I went with black & white photos this time.  The reds and blues in the original photos would have never gone with these papers (they were very bright and primary).  

I dabbed Stickles on the corrugated letters with my fingertip to give it them a little sparkle. 

I combined two die-cut files to create these adorable mugs of hot cocoa. I grabbed some snowflakes from one file and sized them to fit on the mugs, creating a wintery-warm-cozy feel.  I used a glitter pen to draw the steam coming off  the hot cocoa.

I used the mittens to reinforce the wintery-warm-cozy theme.  The original file had a paper cut for the tether between the mittens.  I decided to replace it with twine to make them more "real".

My journal spot.  A little washi, vellum and wood along with a label.  Nothing fancy...just simple.

Second, I have an altered notepad.  The assignment: create a different item with the tag sketch provided to us.

I rarely create something just for me so this was kind of fun...makin' something girly!

A little machine-stitching always adds a nice finished look.  Not something I do everytime...just when I want that little something extra...and have time.  Love the look of notebook paper and also flashcards.  HAD to include them both on the cover!  

I have really fallen for the banner strip trend.  They are so easy to create and use just about anywhere.  I love mixing the patterned papers and creating the different sizes and then layering them up.

Alright.  Now that you have seen what I created for the magazine, click on THIS LINK and soak in all the scrappy goodness to be found within!  The creative team has been expanded to over 30 members which means more projects for you to see!  And in case that's not enough to entice you, the featured manufacturer this issue is Jillibean Soup.  Their design team has been busy crafting fun projects using their gorgeous products.  So come on, check it out!

2 comments:

lynnseverydayideas said...

One day I will have the time to read and entire issue and drool over all the loveliness you ladies make.

Mendi said...

Both of these projects are amazing! You would be proud of me--I actually sat and read this issue from cover to cover this month. ;)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS