Sweet treats with friends

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hey there!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are ready to get back to scrapping---maybe even with some new goodies you received!

Today I have a new layout for the Scrap Our Stash sketch+stash challenge.
Here is the sketch we were provided:


The stash part is called anything goes which just means you are to create a layout inspired by the sketch and use as much stuff from your older stash as possible.

Here is what I made:



I flipped the angles of the sketch around.  This was initially an accident in the way I cut my paper but I ended up being happy that I made that mistake.  With the way that I placed my photos and the banner pieces in the top right...I think the angles the original way would not have worked as well.  I also eliminated the middle angled cut that you see on the sketch.  In adding the 3rd photo spot (where the invitation is), I covered more territory leaving little room for that cut to be noticed anyway.



In place of the tag in the upper right, I cut banner strips.  I mimicked this in a smaller version on the left side  about midway down the page.
As far as supplies...I'm not good at using a lot.  I'm a less is more kind of girl.  But I did use a good variety of patterned papers (even mixed different manufacturer's together---which is something I rarely do!).  I also pulled out some ribbon and a border punch that I haven't used in a very long time.  These glitter snowflakes were a recent acquire from Melissa Priest in the form of a RAK.  I don't know how long she has had them but if not for this layout, they might have sat in my stash for a long time (not much of a glitter girl but they are perfect here). The stickers I chose are also ones that might be new but not ones I would be first drawn to use.  Again, this layout is a perfect home for them.  They likely would have been among the last on the sticker sheet...you know what I mean...we all have them.  Of course, since I have a boat-load of these wood stars and because I love them so much, I added some of those too.

Now it's your turn!  Go to Scrap Our Stash and link up your page using the sketch provided.  You have just a couple of days left to enter for this month's prize!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS