SG Blog Hop Time!

Monday, December 1, 2014


It's the start of a new quarter which means it's time for another blog hop brought to you by Scrapbook Generation!  If you love sketches and creating layouts with them, this hop will be full of inspiration just for you!

If this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link. I wouldn't want you to miss a single thing!

Each blog will share a project using one of the SG sketches as a starting point. You can find the sketches in their books and downloads in the SG Store. You can also download free sketches every month as part of their digital magazine, CREATE.

Here is what I have for you today:
***Fancy Pants Memories Captured collection***

This layout was inspired by a sketch from Sketches for Scrapbooking: One Page Sketches, Volume 1.  The design called for two photos and a journal spot.  I didn't have much to say here but had an extra photo so I traded out the journal spot for the photo.  Otherwise I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  The only other thing I added was the horizontal strip of patterned paper and washi near the bottom.  I felt it gave a resting spot for the corner elements and added some additional color and interest.  
Plus...I love my washi!!


Next on the hop is the lovely and talented Devra.  Be sure to visit each blog and leave a comment.  One lucky commenter will receive a free sketch bundle of their choice from the Scrapbook Generation store.  The winner will be drawn on Monday, December 8th,  which leaves you one week to comment and see all the creative projects provided by each participant. 

Scrapbook Generation blog - http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.com/
YOU ARE HERE----> Steffanie - http://steffanies.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

12 comments:

Laureen said...

Love your layout! So colourful! Love the patterned papers you have used! Great wood veneer embellishments! Good title for your layout!

Moongirl said...

Imagine that...you did a Disney page! It's super cute. I love that the sketches are so versatile. It's easy to add a photo or move the title. I think your washi addition was perfect.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A super layout! Love the mix of colors, wood veneer elements, and fun photos!

Sharlene said...


We created something similiar, Mickey!... Gorgeous page and beautiful embellishments.

Devra said...

Great LO. Love the papers you chose here and how you made the sketch wok for you.

Lori said...

I love this layout! The colors you used are gorgeous! I love being able to make a sketch work for me!

Pink Dalmatians said...

Beautiful layout.

Diane said...

I really like the horizontal elements that you added; I'm not sure that I would have liked the LO as much without them. Genius!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

wonderful layout--love colors.

Iris said...

So cute - love all the layers.
isoscia at aol dot com

Pamela OConnor said...

Great page! I have photos similar to yours of my son...years ago! I'll have to keep your page in mind and start looking for those photos. Thanks for sharing & Merry Christmas!

Lyne Blodgett said...

Lovely layout Steffanie

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS