Crash. Bang! BOOM!!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

It's mid November and here I am with a new layout for Child's Play Challenges.  This one is about those little toy cars known as Hot Wheels.

***Echo Park All About A Boy collection***

I love just about anything miniature and Hot Wheels are no exception.  I remember my brother playing with these and him persuading me to get down on the floor and play with him.  I guess that prepared me for my future as I now have two boys and spent many back-breaking hours playing with them, too.  They have rather extensive collections of these cars and played with them constantly. But wouldn't you know that when I went searching for photos of them in action, this was the best I could find?!?  You can barely even see the car...it's that tiny silver thing falling to the ground...hence, the title.


I had a lot of fun with this page.  I have to credit Echo Park with creating some of my favorite boy collections.  This one even had a race car included which was such a perfect compliment to my theme.  The misted/splattered background, though intentional in using it, provided an unexpected embellishment to the title area (the orangey-yellow trail).  It's just the way the paint landed.  I was actually disappointed at first.  Now I am so glad it turned out the way it did! 


You probably noticed my little wood stars again.  What can I say...they are the perfect embellishment every time and I just can't get enough of them!

All right.  Now it's your turn.  Go to Child's Play.  Check out the inspiration from the other design team members.  Then create and upload your Hot Wheels inspired layout.  C'mon...I know you want to!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS