Lava Molds

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ready to play with some color?  It's time for sketch+stash at Scrap Our Stash!


This time the stash challenge is to find stuff in your stash with these colors.  No, you don't have to use them all...just choose four (or more).  The only other colors you can include are white, black or kraft.  I 'll be honest here...I'm a little intimidated by these choices!


I gravitated toward the ones found in nature to showcase my photos.  I chose cypress, cognac, misted yellow, aurora red (which looks like a deep orange to me) and some small splashes of royal blue.  The blue worked out well since it pulled in the blue from the t-shirt my youngest was wearing that day.  

Here is the sketch created by Brenda Ragsdale:

As you can see, I followed thes sketch pretty closely.  I tried the vertical title but it just wasn't working for me.  Once I changed it to horizontal, the rest of my layout fell into place.


Child's Play also has a new challenge up!  We want you to be inspired by the children's classic tale of Alice In Wonderland.  For me, as soon as I saw these photos, I knew they were perfect for this challenge.  After all, Alice's story begins with her falling down a rabbit hole!  While these may not be rabbit holes, they are holes left behind by trees.



I hope you have enjoyed this layout and feel inspired to check out these two challenges:
Scrap Our Stash
Child's Play Challenges
Have fun and happy scrapping!!

10-23-14 Addendum:
I would like to share this layout with Paper Issues for their current issue
Woodn't You Know, It's Fall 
This layout is about trees (or at least, the ghosts of trees) which are wood, right?  And I have a few wooden stars on there as well.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Mendi said...

Great layout! Love the colors use chose--The blue really pops! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Love all of the bright colors, mix of patterns, & fun photos! Yes, love the blue and how you worked in the "Alice in Wonderland" challenge....neat!

Monique Liedtke said...

Great page!!! Love the colors you chose and love the photos!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS