Pool Time!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

It's time for our first September challenge at Child's Play.  This time we are playing with sequins!  I will be honest here...I never thought I would use, much less even purchase, sequins.  I mean, they're girly, right?  And I scrap boys...right?  Well, I'm finding that they are pretty versatile and add just a little extra something to a page sometimes.

I am sharing another layout from our 2012 trip to Disneyland.  Again, not at the theme park, but still part of the trip.

*** Echo Park Splash collection***

I chose to use sequins to accentuate the theme of the layout (sparkling water) and also to give the illusion of water trickling down, like it is on my son in the lower left photo.  Just a little sparkle...that's all it needed!

This layout is inspired by a sketch found in Sketches for Scrapbooking: Travel edition.  It's sold HERE at the Scrapbook Generation store.

I hope that you will feel inspired by sequins to create a layout.  If you do, be sure to upload it at Child's Play for your chance to win our monthly prize.  Be sure to hop on over and see what the other team members have created, too!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Great page! I like the bubbly feel the sequins give it.

Diane said...

It looks like pool time was a big splash! You make a compelling argument for incorporating sequins on a "boy" page. Thanks for sharing.

Lyne Blodgett said...

Great layout, and the pool looks like a blast

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS