best. box. EVER.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Today I have a reveal for Scrap Our Stash.  The second challenge of the month is always sketch + stash.  Rochelle Spears provided us with this lovely sketch:


The stash part of the challenge is ABC+123.  You can check out the details on the blog HERE.

And this is what I created:

***Studio Calico Here+There collection***

I am loving this collection by Studio Calico.  I've gotten a lot of mileage out of it---especially when it comes to scrapping my furry family!

How I met the challenge:

Required---
1=journal card (tucked behind the photo on the right)
2=two photos (easy peasy!)
3=patterned papers (technically I used 5, but surely they meant AT LEAST three, right?)

My choice---
A=arrows (one stiched and one wood)
B=buttons, baker's twine
C=circles (punched), chipboard alphas

It's not often that I start with patterned paper as my background.  But this just seemed to work.  It's also what threw me off in my patterned paper count...oops.  And then I figured, "well, I already goofed so why not add in the green and make it five?" I'm just SURE they meant at least three patterned papers.
I digress...


I struggled with the paint in the background.  You have heard me say that I don't do messy well, right?  This was me trying to create a more blank space for my title and such to rest on.  But it wasn't going on like I wanted and rather than overdo it, I stopped while I was ahead.  Unfortunately I ended up doing so little that I nearly covered it all up.  Oh well.  I tried!

When I thought I was done with this page I was looking at it and just had this feeling of  "something is missing".  I had initially wanted to do some machine-stitching.  But then I came across my stitching templates.  Found this arrow and the zig-zag...I love it.  I think they are among my favorite things about this page.

This layout is also created for Child's Play Challenges.  Our current inspiration is the childrens' classic book, The Cat in the Hat.



I was inspired by the title which led me to these photos of our kitty in the box (instead of cat in the hat).

Now it's your turn!  Head on over to Scrap Our Stash and show us what you can do with sketch + stash.  And while your at it, join us at Child's Play Challenges and double your chances to win!

Adn by the way, Paper Issues has a new issue up---ANYTHING GOES!!  And it's sponsored by Whisker Graphics so I thought this layout would be perfect to link up.  Thanks Paper Issues!!

.

3 comments:

Claire R said...

Oooo...I love this layout! Great details. What a great paper collection fits pur-fectly with the kitty photos.
ClaireR

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Super cute! Love the painted background, the "5" different papers, and the added elements!

Lyne Blodgett said...

Love that background paper!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS