Hear Me ROAR!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Scrap Our Stash is up with their monthly sketch + stash challenge.  This month's stash challenge is to dig deep and use something old...the older the better.  At least 75% of your layout should be created using your oldest product. 

Here is the sketch we were given:
 

And here is what I created:
***Colorbok Perfect Pages kit: OUTDOORS collection***

This is a kit I purchased several years ago at a local chain store called Craft Warehouse.  I have several similar kits but this happens to be the one I have used the most.  I think it's the colors...which, by the way, are just PERFECT for these photos, don't you think?  I could not have found better...at least not in my stash!

I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  However, I have found that I am not real comfortable with the triangle trend which is why I chose to eliminate two of them.  I instead substituted a couple of paper strips to provide that same anchoring effect that the triangles did in the original sketch.  I used a couple of photo corners for the chevrons on the left side of the sketch.  Pretty clever, huh?  I thought so!  Besides the papers, the buttons have been in my stash forever.  And even the remaining items are all at least two years old.  I tried really hard to stay away from anything that was a recent purchase. 

Now it's your turn!  Come on over to Scrap Our Stash and join in the fun!

3 comments:

Ladyofthelake318 said...

This is adorable! Love the colors!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Neat layout! The colors and paper are great for your photos....really like your version of the sketch! Also like that you added the buttons, rick rack, and title area!

Lyne Blodgett said...

Adorable and so glad I'm not the only one who isn't digging the triangle trend.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS