These Are The Days

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Today is my first reveal at Scrap Our Stash as part of their design team!
This was a fun first challenge---shopping!

***Project Life Honey Edition, Doodlebug Designs Day to Day***

The challenge was to shop for 5 (or more) items in your stash to include on your layout.
You can find the complete shopping list HERE.
What I selected for my layout:
washi tape
striped paper (diagonal)
poloroid frame
wood veneer
journaling card
punches (use 2 or more types)
I also used flowers, but they were of the sticker variety so I wasn't sure they really counted.  It doens't matter anyway...I used more that 5 items from the shopping list!

This layout is also created for the current Child's Play challenge.  We are getting inspired by Colorforms for our first challenge this month.  I was inspired by the geomectric shapes in the original Colorforms Playset.  I included triangle wood shapes and a couple of punched circles.  Inspiration also came from the primary colors used in the set.

What I really loved about this challenge is that it made me take a different approach to my layout.  I usually start with a sketch and photos.  This time I started by shopping.  I got out the products I was interested in using and went from there. And get this...No Sketch!  Can you believe it?  It's a rarity for me to not have some sketch in front of me. A big help for me was opening up the Project Life core kit to search for a journaling card.  I found several cards I liked and ended up creating a page around 3 of them.  The photos came last, although I had a pretty good idea which ones I would use while I was putting this together.  It was really fun to be able to create "freestyle".  Not sure if I could do this every time, but it's nice when it DOES work!

I hope you will join me at both challenge blogs and share your creativity with us.  Both blogs offer a monthly prize so don't miss your chance to play along!  We would love to have you!

5 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love the layout always looking for styles like this to use PL cards. Congrats your gonna be a good addition to the team :) Inspiring

Mendi said...

Your layout is gorgeous! I love all the little details and fun color palette. I pinned ya! ;)

Claire R said...

congrats on the SOS DT spot! Your work is amazing. I love this layout, Ive never tried this block style before, but I am now... thanks! I look forward to crafting with you for the next 6 months.
ClaireR

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A very cool layout using cards from a PL kit and "no" sketch! Love the bright colors, stitching, & fun summer photos! I really like the heart/washi tape element...cute idea!

Kim said...

What a fun/bright creative layout!
~Kim

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS