Graceful Friend

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's new challenge day at both Scrap Our Stash and Child's Play Challenges!

***Echo Park A Walk in the Park***

At Scrap Our Stash, it's time to sketch with stash!  


We were given the above sketch and asked to create a layout with one additional requirement---include ribbon or trim on our page.  Wow...I have a lot of ribbon from those "before washi" days!

You may notice that my layout is a little different from the sketch.  That's because most of the time I have more than one photo that I want to use to tell my story.  In this case, there are actually four (one is tucked behind the larger photo and can be pulled out using the tab).  My solution was to enlarge the entire footprint of my papers to make room for more photos.  The ribbon I included is the bright green behind the title.  I actually felt this piece helped to "ground" the bright green in my photos that I just couldn't seem to tone down with photoshop.

At Child's Play, we are getting inspired by the classic game of Cooties!


I actually remember playing this game as a child at my grandparent's house.  I wonder what ever happened to it?  As I recall, we often had trouble getting the legs to stay in the little holes...
Anyway, my take on this challenge was to scrap these photos of Andrew carefully handling his new friend, the praying mantis.  Perfect prompt for me to get these scrapped!
  
Here are a couple more shots including the hidden photo:



I hope you will join us at both challenge sites.  Get inspired and create!  Then upload for your chance to win the monthly prizes offered.  Have fun!

2 comments:

Lyne Blodgett said...

I love the bright green in the photos...makes them jump right off the darker background.

Mendi said...

Wow! Is that pink on your layout?! I'm so happy!!! Love the photos too! The first summer we moved to our house we had one of these living by our front door for months and another one in the backyard. ;)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS