SG Blog Hop Time!

Monday, June 2, 2014


It's the start of a new quarter which means it's time for another blog hop brought to you by Scrapbook Generation!  If you love sketches and creating layouts with them, this hop will be full of inspiration just for you!

If this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link. I wouldn't want you to miss a single thing!

Each blog will share a project using one of the SG sketches as a starting point. You can find the sketches in their books and downloads in the SG Store. There is also a free sketch every month in case you'd like to try before you buy.


***Echo Park For the Record***

This layout features a single page sketch found in Sketches for Scrapbooking, One Page Sketches, Volume 1.  Since the original sketch called for one vertical and two horizontal photos, I rotated the design counter-clockwise to accomodate the orientation of my photos.  Otherwise I kept things essentially the same.  I even did the machine-stitching detail between the photos and papers.  Although I've stitched on paper before, I have to say, involving my photos in the stitching really took an act of faith...and some practice stitching!





I inked all my edges with black ink---yes, even my photos.  I feel this step really helps to give definition between each element.


Next on the hop is Devra.  Be sure to leave a comment on each blog for your chance to win a free sketch bundle of your choice from the SG store.  One lucky commenter will be chosen on June 9th which means you have one week to comment.

In case you get lost at any point along the way, here is the complete blog list: 
Scrapbook Generation blog - http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

This is great. I love the stitching details and that fantastic looking title.

Katy said...

LOVE the stitching and Boston is somewhere I want to visit!

Pink Dalmatians said...

Love this layout. I've stitched on pictures before and yes it was scary. Great job!

Lori said...

Great layout! That black background really makes everything stand out.

Tasha said...

Nice layout! I wouldn't have had the guts to stitch onto the photo like that, I could see very bad things happening if I tried. lol

Jackie George said...

What a great LO! Love it!

Marilyn said...

I don't often see people using black backgrounds but it really works here. You have great photos, too!

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing. The stitching really does make a huge difference.

Cindy said...

Such lovely photos-I love the word Boston in title too.

Jennyfer L said...

Wow! I've never heard of stitching on photos before and inking them with black does give them a new definition!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love the layout--love bright colors and all the little details you add..TFS

Heather Thompson said...

another great layout, love the pictures.

shutterbuggin said...

Beautiful layout! I love all the photos you were able to use

momtotucknlexi said...

I love the colors you used in this layout- title is beautiful!! The one page sketch book is one I don't have bc I usually make two pagers but this layout has me wanting this book too!
Michelle B

Mendi said...

Such a great page! Looks like another great addition to your Boston album. :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A beautiful layout! Love all of the colors against the black, the mix of paper& neat stitching! Also, great title & journaling spot!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS