Montana's Big Sky

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hi!  Back with a new layout for Child's Play.  Today we are combining our challenge with the creative ladies at Scrap Our Stash as well---fun, fun, FUN!!

At Child's Play, we are inspired by a colorful but messy kid's craft---Tie Dye.  Scrap Our Stash provided us with a great sketch to use in combination.  Here is what I came up with:

***Echo Park Everyday Eclectic collection***

I will admit, I was a bit stumped on this one.  I didn't think I would be...but when it came time to sit down and create something, I was drawing a blank.  I took the boys once to Craft Warehouse a few years back and made tie-dye t-shirts at one of their summer kid's craft events.  But apparently I never took picture of this because I couldn't find any...not even of them wearing their tie-dyed creations.  Eventually I thought about the colors of tie-dye, the 70's psychedelic rainbow ones---and then it hit me.  I had some gorgeous rainbow photos that I could scrap!  So that is how I got from tie-dye to rainbow.


I also chose to add in a few other challenges:
Rochelle's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge---I used the top row (zig-zag stitching, kraft, hexagon)
Kelly's word challenge---I used "summer" and "trip" in my journaling
Scrap & Play's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge---I used a diagonal row (punch, enamel dots, buttons)

I hope that you will check out both Child's Play, Scrap Our Stash and even some of these other challenge blogs to see what they have to offer in terms of creative inspiration.  Maybe it will start up your creative mojo and you may even win a prize if you upload to their blogs!  Have fun!

9/19/14:  Paper Issues has a new issue up---ANYTHING GOES!!  This issue is sponsored by Whisker Graphics. I decided to share this one there. Thanks Paper Issues!!

.

10 comments:

Scrapfaire said...

Great layout I LOVE those Echo Park papers!!!

wendipooh13 said...

wow great photos!!!! LOVE em and the fun EP papers for the page!!!!thanks sooo much for playing along with Scrap & Play!!!

LisaM said...

Awesome photos and I love the colors you chose, perfect layout!

Amanda Baldwin said...

WOW! Fabulous colour palette and page! Thanks for joining us at Scrap & Play! :)

kylie symons said...

the colour pp stripes catch your attention straight away....thanks for playing along at Scrap and Play

Tammi said...

beautiful layout!! I love the page design!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap & Play!!!

BrendaB said...

Those colors are just beautiful - such a perfect compliment to your awesome photos! Thanks for joining us at Scrap & Play

Rochelle Spears said...

beautiful! Love those photos! Thanks for playing along with SOS! :)

Kelly said...

Oh what a beautiful layout! So very creative! Thanks so much for playing along in my scrappy friends June Word Challenge!! :)

Lyne Blodgett said...

The paper you chose gives a great tie dye feel too - so bright like the t-shirts

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS