The Sky is the Limit

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It feels like it's been a really long time since my last post with a full scrapbook layout in it...I really need to rectify this situation!  
Today we have a new challenge up at Child's Play Challenges.  We are featuring a classic toy---the Etch-A-Sketch!
  My personal experience with this gadget is not very extraordinary.  Kind of like my doodling...not really my area of expertise.  But, thanks to handy-dandy apps out there, I created this sketch of the Seattle Space Needle with the touch of a button!

***American Crafts Travel collection***


I have used a sketch from a new challenge site called Scrap & Play.  You can find the actual sketch HERE.  I followed the sketch pretty closely, just moving a few things around.  Fun sketch and great first challenge for this new site!

I also took on two other challenges:  
Scrap Our Stash - Something old (patterned paper, chipboard), something new (enamel dots), something fussy cut (airplane, arrow), something blue (in the patterned paper, chipboard, enamel dots)
Through the Eyes of Rochelle Spears - Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. I used the bottom row---chipboard, washi tape, enamel dots

Now, I hope you will take a minute to hop on over to Child's Play and see how our designers where inspired by Etch-a-Sketch and what they created.  And then...come play along!

14 comments:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Love that you combined three challenges....love it! I really like how you changed your photo into a sketch, a neat idea! Love the bright colors and the story about taking the photo of the Space Needle! Great title, too!

Rochelle Spears said...

great LO! Love the colors! Great job on all the challenges! Thanks for playing along with SOS and my blog challenge! )

wendipooh13 said...

love all the fun bold color and great papers!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Scrap & Play!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love that paper line a lot!!! You rocked this! Thanks for playing along with SOS!!!

Megan said...

Very cool how you made the picture look like Etch A Sketch! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

Tammi said...

I love your layout!! The papers you chose work perfectly with your photos!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap & Play!!!!

Joefil said...

Fantastic page! love the color! great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

Kerry said...

Your layout is so fun and bright - love the double photo and all the wonderful embellishments. Thanks for sharing your page with us at Scrap Our stash. xx

Jenni Calma said...

Such a great idea!! I love that sketch app and it is a perfect choice for the Space Needle. Great contrasting papers too. Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

Brenda said...

Wonderful page and great take on all of the challenges! Awesome job using some of your old stash! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

Dulcinea Silva said...

I love the cold colors and the sketch picture! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

kate blue said...

Great colors, and your hand cutting is phenomenal, I had to search for it!!! Kate (SOS)

TantiK Creation said...

Hi Steffanie. I love this page. Great idea with the sketch great take on all the challenges. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Juliana Michaels said...

Fun take on the challenge and love the sketch you created of the photo!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS