Adventures in the Snow

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Where we live, snow does not make an appearance every winter.  Most years we are lucky to get a light dusting or maybe an inch or two that melts in a few hours.  So this year when we actually got several inches that stuck around for a few days, it was a real treat.  Not just for us, but also for our puppy.  This was his very first snow.  Skeptical and a little timid at first...but before long he was enjoying it along with the rest of us!


***Fancy Pants Timbergrove collection***

The layout is inspired by this sketch by Brenda Ragsdale. You can find the details of this particular sketch challenge on her blog, Grand Diva's Creative Corner.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I used a slightly larger center/focal photo and added a fourth tiny photo that I just couldn't leave out.  I also moved my journaling to a card tucked behind the larger photo.


Every month Brenda combines her sketch challenge with a couple colleagues to present Scrappy Friends Challenges.  She does the sketch, one does supplies and another does either color or words.  

Details about the April word challenge presented by Kelly Holifield can be found on her blog, Creating with Paper & More.  Here is the image though...I used adventure. I was glad there were some non-Easter/spring words in there for me to use for my winter layout!


Rochelle has the supply challenge which can be found on her blog, Through the Eyes of...Rochelle Spears.  It's a tic-tac-toe challenge.  I used the bottom row: journal card, wood and stamping.  My journal card is tucked behind the larger photo. It's a hand made as opposed to pre-made but hopefully that's okay.  I used wood snowflakes and also a wood banner that I stamped a sentiment onto.  The banner in the title is also stamped and then cut out.  I also included a fill-your-own date stamp.
In the end, I used 5 of the supplies in the tic-tac-toe challenge (triangle and twine, in addition to the ones already mentioned) but didn't achieve a second three-in-a-row.  The only supply I really avoided was the butterfly.  Just didn't seem right on a winter page!  

Thanks for checking out my blog today and reading my ramblings!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your page Steffani! Fantastic take on all three challenges an how you made the sketch work with 4 photos! Thank you for playing along in the April Scrappy Friends Challenges!

Lisa in Texas said...

This is just gorgeous! What an adorable dog, he looks like he is having a great time!

Megan D said...

Absolutely gorgeous page Steph! Toby is adorable. I will happily share some of our snow. We got it twice this past week.

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Love the papers and the fantastic job combining all of the Scrappy Friends challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute! Love your take on the sketch & the beautiful colors.

Rochelle Spears said...

wow! Great job combining all the challenges! :) Love your layout. Love the banner! :) Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends Challenges!

Kerry said...

I just want to play along with your puppy dog, he is the cutest! Such a gorgeous page and amazing colour palette. WTG. xx

Mendi said...

Such a great page! Love it! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS