Rose Kennedy Greenway

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

One of my favorite subjects to scrap is travel.  These photos may not say much by themselves, but with some journaling explaining the history or meaning of a particular place, they then say a lot.

***Studio Calico Here + There collection***

I created this layout using Inspired Blueprints sketch #122.  It called for one 5x6 photo (the vertical spot) and then the two 4x6 photos.  I already had these photos in my printed stack so wasn't going to re-print one just to get the sizing right.  Besides, then the coloring likely wouldn't have matched!  So I just went with the three 4x6 photos.  It made for very nice common margins this way anyway.  I matted my photos and patterned paper blocks onto the teal cardstock first, then put the whole thing onto the orange before embellishing. The main title was cut with my Silhouette, as was the circle around the state of Massachusetts.


The bike I found in my stash...probably a Silhouette cut also, but I received it in a prize pack some time ago.  I used some ribbon---which I haven't used in what seems like forever---and some brads, too.  The red arrow is a wood shape that I dabbed with a small ink pad to make it stand out more.
For what seemed like not very excited photos to start with, I really like how the colors and design make them so much more interesting!

1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very pretty! Love the blocked style of this layout...great colors, too!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS