Portland's Big Pink

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

If you don't know this already, Inspired Blueprints has changed their sketch reveal to Tuesdays---which means I have a new LO to share with you TODAY!

I love it when she gives us sketches with multiple photos.  This one called for 3-4x4 photos.  I obviously changed that up a bit...

***Simple Stories Urban Traveler collection***

My photo sizes are actually an off size---the two larger ones are 4x5.5 and the smaller ones are 4x2.75.  I know...kinda weird.  But the 4x6 dimension just didn't crop my photo where I wanted so by the time I got that adjusted, I need to adjust the smaller ones to fit in a matching amount of space.  Make sense?  Where I have the strips saying "here" and "there"---those spaces where actually supposed to be for journaling strips.  But that's what I love about sketches.  They are just a place to start.  They can be adapted any which way to accommodate your photo needs, your theme, your style...whatever.



In this layout, I used more of the upper left corner to create a larger title than the sketch indicated.  I felt it created better balance with my larger photos..  One other thing I changed was to move my journaling to a tag that I tucked behind the lower photo.


I hope you will join us at Inspired Blueprints this week and see what the rest of the design team has created using sketch #118.  I also hope that you will join us and link up your creation using the linky tool at the bottom of the post.  See you there!

2 comments:

Mendi said...

Awesome layout! Love the way you used the Simple Stories collection and all your little details! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

An awesome layout! I love how you adapted the IB sketch to suit for odd size of photos....BTW, very impressive photos! Also, really like the SS Urban Traveler collection, the addition of the "here" and "there", and you journaling tag/with the attached twine! A very sharp travel layout!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS